Simplifying the Art of Business Blogging
Know you need to blog for your business or organization but not sure how? This course will simplify the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How!
What will this course do for you?
You will finish this course with:
- A full understanding of the "why" behind business blogging, helping you understand the value of this content marketing medium
- A detailed plan for how to make the blog work best in your favor, empowering you to make informed decisions regarding this part of your business operations
- A detailed strategy for implementing and continuing the blog, giving you a clear course of action towards success
- An overview of SEO and online writing tips, so you understand the right and wrong way for the blog to read
- A list of resources for blog strategy implementation, which will be helpful now and in the future
- A year's discount on all Jamie's Notebook writing services, which will help you manage the blog including the parts of the process that continue to be a hurt point.
Should you be investing in this course?
The answer is YES if you are:
- A small business owner or nonprofit leader
- An employee of a small business or nonprofit who will be responsible for the business blog
- A writer interested in learning more about this specific niche.
This course's material would take weeks, if not months, for you to learn on your own. With Simplifying the Art of Business Blogging, you will have both the necessary knowledge and a plan in less than 5 hours (on average).
You will also have an instructor who is only an email away to get help and guidance!
Full course description
Have you been told you need a blog to attract attention to your website and business? Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13x more likely to achieve a positive ROI on their efforts.
This seminar will simplify how to make that happen so you can get on your way to better business success. The information will help small business owners either be prepared to start a business blog or will help them understand what to look for in a blog written by a freelance writer.
What will this course mean for you?
Simplifying the Art of Business Blogging is designed to teach the basics of blogging for a business including:
- Why a business should have a blog
- How to decide if you should do your blog in-house or outsource it
- Planning your business blog
- What to write about
- Best practices for formatting
- Best practices for writing
- Tips for success, including how to integrate into your overall sales and marketing plan.
There will be several hands-on exercises that will allow participants to create a plan for their business blog. Anyone who takes this course will have a full understanding of who, what, when, where and how to start and continue a blog for their business or nonprofit organization.
Jamie Smith of Jamie’s Notebook gives companies and organizations “a voice with the written word.” Her goal is to help businesses and organizations discover and express their passion and purpose through the content they produce.
Jamie has become well-known in Northwest Arkansas and the surrounding region for her ability to create content that informs, inspires and enlightens. Her business and writing expertise is often sought through one-on-one consulting, as well as when she leads seminars for various organizations.
Jamie earned a bachelor's degree in journalism and worked for about 10 years as a newspaper reporter before starting her writing services business in 2009.
When she’s not writing for clients, teaching, or consulting, Jamie participates in various volunteer activities including WordCamp Fayetteville and GiveCamp NWA. She also writes on her personal blog, Sunflowers & Thorns. Jamie lives in Elkins, Ark. with her husband. They enjoy playing with their four furkids (two dogs and two cats), testing new recipes, and seeing what’s new on Netflix.